Home » , , , , , » FRENCH BLU blue chest of drawers

FRENCH BLU blue chest of drawers

Written By shiva on Monday, February 24, 2014 | 2:30 PM

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
 
I feel like Im caught up but I can never trust what the next day might bring.
Maybe tomorrow Ill break my ankle or get a book deal.
Ill hoping for the latter, but be content with my tools and the next project.
 
 
With this revamp I enjoyed playing with paint color.
Ive calling it FRENCH BLU,
 it is a mix of ASCP colors, another kitchen counter creation.
It is very close to Duck Egg but not as strong,

 
This is the BEFORE, quite a difference huh?
It had been painted in a chocolate brown latex and I tried to use the brown
to achieve a funky modern design,
 
 
but there were missing bits to the drawer corners which dont look right with
a clean modern design so I changed plans and went with a well used vintage feel.
 
 
I adding the legs and these wonderful swirling appliques.
They change the whole feel and shape of the dresser.
 
 
 
All the distressing made the piece come alive and I achieved the right look.
 
 
 
The drawers also got a silver and blue liner.
Wallpaper available at Homedepot.

 The escutcheons (fancy keyhole plates) are just for looks,
and George has these handles in his Etsy shop.
 
 
 
And before I leave you ....
 
My Etsy shop FIRSTFINDS is always being updated with new items
Stop in to see what you can find for your next project.

 

 
 
Sharing with:


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

0 comments:

Post a Comment