Home » , , , , , , » This Just Might Go To My Head

This Just Might Go To My Head

Written By shiva on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 | 3:00 AM

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
I’m proud to say that I’ve just had my second full length article published in Fine Homebuilding. This article is about the proper way to flash a chimney with copper flashings in a typical asphalt shingle roof. I also have a Building Skills section in the issue specifically about bending and fabricating the copper. As I mentioned when I posted about the accompanying video, it’s tangentially interesting to woodworkers if they like mixed media pieces and think sheet metal would make a good accent.
Have chimney, will flash.
My first article was on the proper installation of an EPDM flat roof. If you didnt know, I’m a roofing project manager by day.


These two (2) articles have been very rewarding, as have the tips I’ve had published in Popular Woodworking and Fine Woodworking.
Marking copper is much like marking wood,
but with slightly less precise tools.
I mention all this, not just because I’m excited about it, and certainly not because I think it says anything about me. What I think it does say is that the magazines, in any field, are reachable, open to ideas and looking to support those who practice the respective craft. Try submitting something. You may be surprised by the response.


The photos are from finehomebuilding.com
TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

0 comments:

Post a Comment