Home » , , , , , , » Dollhouse for Peaches Day 11 Part I

Dollhouse for Peaches Day 11 Part I

Written By shiva on Saturday, January 25, 2014 | 8:45 AM

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Welcome back to the next stage of the dollhouse project! I had to take some time off of this project for other commitments, but now Im back in the swing! I got to work a few hours on it this morning, and in all actuality, I only have maybe 1 or 2 full days of work left on this project!

My next stage is to permanently mount the face! Here, I have laid the unit on its back so I can drop in the face and secure it...



Before I can mount the face, I have to fill all holes and gaps, take care of imperfections, sand with 80 grit, and then final sand everything to 220 grit. If I dont do all of this before hand, it will be twice as hard when its mounted in place...



During a test fit, Ive discovered that the unit is about 1/8" out of square. To you this might not be much, but its enough to drive me nuts! This could be due to any number of things, but I need to fix it, and it has to be fixed at the same time I put the face in place. Heres the plan - Ive placed blocks of scrap on two corners. When I set the top in place, Ill secure the opposing corners, and then use the big bar clamps to draw the whole unit square to the face. I want to do it this way because I know for a fact that the face is square, and I want to set the unit to the face, not the face to the unit...



Right before the installation, all critical surfaces get a bead of glue (as do any joints, etc - and you only want to do a glue job once if possible, so everything has to be ready at this stage)!



In these pictures, I am finally securing the face! Its taken quite some time to get to this point.

A funny thing happened - when I went to nail the face into place, the 18 volt battery went dead on my Dewalt finish nailer!!! Great timing, I know.... Anyway, I simply nailed it by hand and used a heavier finish nail. This will work out ok anyway, and secure the face just fine!




Yep, Barbies still watchin ....


The next stage will be to put on the pillars! There will be 4 of them, and itll take a full day at least. Keep posted - were almost done!!!

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

0 comments:

Post a Comment